Wednesday, March 30, 2011

For The Love Of Cheesecake!


First of all, I would like to say to all my blogger friends that I am trying to leave comments for your posts, and my computer simply throws me out! This has been the happening for so long now. Sometimes if I am lucky, I am able to actually open the blogs and post the comments. Most of the times, can't. I am not sure if it's just me because I mainly use my work laptop for this! I start way too early in the morning, 6.45 AM to be precise! So I use about 15-20 minutes to try to check out the posts. I can't get to use my home computer as Mark uses it all the time in the weekend. Well, I am telling you this just so that none of you feel bad!

Now, I am trying to cheer up my sad soul with New York cheesecake! Who wouldn't love cheesecake? And I make sure whenever I am in New York, I go to this bakery in Manhattan(don't remember the street #!) to have the slice of divine cheesecake.

For so many people, cheesecake is a daunting task. Well, from my experience, I can say it's absolutely not right. It's so easy and simple to make. It requires only a few ingredients. It's the method of baking the cheesecake that requires a little technique(!). A few years back, my co-worker got me hooked on to this cheesecake. She herself makes tremendous cheesecakes and always brings a big slice for me. Sometimes,she bakes it in two pans, brings me one whole cheesecake! My family also loves this simple and elegant dessert and above all, I always have cream cheese, eggs and sugar in my fridge and pantry!

In summer days, when I have an access to the fresh, juicy cherries, I make my own cherry glaze. This time, I used cherry pie filling. Nothing wrong with it but I feel it's just a bit more runny!

I used almond crust this time instead of plain ol' Graham cracker crumb crust. It was truly divine, so nice and crunchy in the bottom, such melt-in-your-mouth in the middle and the sweet tartness of the fruits on the top. Nothing can beat this.

New York Cheesecake
Ingredients
For cheesecake
3 8-oz packages of cream cheese
3 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Strawberries, cherries, raspberries or jams to garnish
How to:


Pre heat the oven at 375° F. Beat cream cheese and sugar with the electric mixer till it's nice and creamy, for about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time and keep on beating the mix. Finally add vanilla and mix thoroughly.

Pour the mixture in the foil lined spring form pan. Place the pan in the larger baking sheet, filled with hot water. Alternately, you can place an oven proof bowl, filled with hot water in the oven.
Bake for about 40 minutes, or the centre is just set. It should be jiggly. Chill overnight in the fridge. Garnish with whatever you like and serve.

I made individual cheesecake using my muffin pan.

3 comments:

  1. Cheesecake looks delicious and fantastic..even i love cheesecake so munch..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... what a beautiful and tasty treat that is!

    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks delicious but i am sure i will screw up in baking. so now u have to make for me.

    ReplyDelete