Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Cheddar Cheese crusted Chicken


This is my take on traditional baked potato. I love baked potato with sour cream, broccoli and cheddar cheese. It's such warming, inviting and pleasing food. So simple, yet so tasty. I always have been a big fan of boneless, skinless chicken. So is my family. Chicken is such a simple yet versatile food, just like tofu or paneer. It provides a blank canvas we can use whatever colors on in order to make a pretty picture! I happen to grill or roast chicken almost every week. I was kind of bored with the idea of yet another roast chicken as we've had so much roast chicken with different sauces. So I was 'brain storming(!)' and this idea just clicked in. And this dish turned out very yummy. I've found a keeper recipe that not only tastes delish but can be made in a jiffy! I also sprinkled toasted almonds to give it an extra crunch and hubby and baby loved that. They both have very sensitive palate. So I need to make sure my food has texture! If everything is smooth, kind of poached-they are not going to like it. They need salty, sweet, tangy, melt-in-your-mouth smooth and at the same time, crunchy texture. This dish proved to be exactly that.



Cheddar Crusted Chicken

Ingredients
4 small chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, pounded to 1/4" thinness
4 tbsp mayonnaise
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
About 1-1/2 cups broccoli florets
Toasted almonds(Optional)

How to

Heat overn to 400° F.

Spread mayonnaise on both sides of the chicken.

Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.

Press the cheddar cheese on top of each breast.

Now place broccoli florets and place the chicken on a cookie sheet.

Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes or cooked through.

Sprinkle with toasted almonds and serve.

3 comments:

  1. Omg, damn delicious cheese crusted chicken,drooling over that fabulous platter..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! This looks too good! I'm just ready to grab that chicken! So yummy good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First time here....
    U have a lovely space, with interesting recipes, glad to follow u :)

    visit mine, when u find time....

    ReplyDelete