Monday, February 20, 2012

Butternut Squash Gremolata


I realized one day that I haven't cooked with butternut squash in a long time! Not goo…I think. Being a squash lovely, this is just not forgivable I told myself! And guess what, following Saturday grocery shopping, first veggie I picked up was butternut squash. I wanted to try something different this time with the gorgeous vegetable. I've made soups, smoothies, raviolis with it..so this time, I came up with this easy, pretty side dish. Roasted butternut squash wedges gremolata!


My family loved my asparagus gremolata. I always keep the basic ingredients at hand to make gremolata which is nothing but the mixture of bread crumbs, garlic, parsley, olive oil. The hardest part of cooking this squash is to peel the thing. Once you get the beautiful orange flesh opened up, you are all set to make this lovely dish.

Butternut Squash Gremolata
For gremolata, please refer to my Asparagus Gremolata Recipe!
Ingredients
1/2 butternut squash, cut into wedges
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese

How to:
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Brush the cookie sheet with a bit of oil, arrange squash slices on it.
Sprinkle with gremolata mixture and then top with olive oil.
Roast for about 20 minutes until the squash becomes tender.
Crank up the oven to 425°, sprinkle cheese on top of wedges, roast for further 10 minutes or so until the cheese browns up.
Sprinkle some more parsley and serve.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, that looks super delicious. Very very nice. Thanx for sharing..!

    ReplyDelete