Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pizza Bites


I am always looking for the tricks that will satiate my hungry family pre-dinner. Everyday we get home from work, even before I start dinner, both father and son ask for snacks. I do have some pre-packaged snacks in my pantry all the time. But we do get bored of eating all that store bought junk, don’t we?  Last week, don’t remember the day but they both were screaming for snacks and I happened to have pepperoni and wonton wrappers in my fridge. Thought let me just try to make small snack size bites of them. So I just oiled to mini muffin tray, placed the wonton wrappers in them and pushed the tray in the toaster oven. They were baked in like 3 minutes. Then I just spooned the marinara sauce in the cups, placed some already cut up mushroom slices on top, sprinkled cheese over it, stuck one pepperoni in each and put the tray back in the toaster oven. In 5 minutes, the hot and tasty snack was ready for my family. It only took about 10 minutes from the oven to their mouths and guess what, the request was made by both of them to make it again on Saturday as an appetizer!


Looks like I just gave out the ingredients and recipe! Do I need to post it again, really? Don’t think so. And again, sky is the limit with these babies. Stuff them with anything, make them as simple and fast as you can or as elaborate and elegant as you wish.

Enjoy!

1 comment: