Friday, November 12, 2010

Pumpkin Frappe

First of all, a quick update on my health!  It's surely hurting as hell!  Last night I went for massage therapy, not a relaxing massage you people!  The therapist focuses on my right shoulder, neck and right upper back.  She said that the connective tissues and tandon and too many soft tissues are preventing me from lifting my arm above my shoulder and is giving me this pain.  God willing everything will be better soon.  I missed to wish you all a very Happy Diwali as I was very tired that week. 

Well, back to the recipe.  What is Pumpkin Frappe anyways?!  It is Pumpkin Spice Blended Coffee!  Isn't is simple?!  This is the season of carving and roasting pumpkins here.  Kitchens are smelling great with toasting pumpkin seeds, baking pumpkin pies and what not.  We had our Thanksgiving 4 weeks ago!  yes, in Canada, cold weather starts earlier than the US so we have our thanksgiving ahead of you my American friends!  Even though I wasn't able to make anything, we decided on a traditional thanks giving menu: turkey, mashed potatoes, roasted veggies, gravy, stuffing----the whole nine yards!  The only difference was, most of the stuff were either boxed or frozen!  Storebought you see!  Still we had such nice Thanksgiving meal I will remember it for years to come.  Sorry I got side tracked again! That's me.

I am in love with pumpkins.  I always have a can of pureed pumpkin in my pantry.  And this is the recipe that is easy to blend, no chopping required(yay!) and it tastes amazing.  It is just enough to bring the mood of the festive season which is right in the corner to your house. 

Pumpkin Frappe

Ingredients

1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree
1/2 cup Vanilla Ice Cream
1 teaspoon of confectioner's sugar
1/2 cup of ice
1/2 cup of milk
1 tbsp instant coffee OR 1/4 cup of brewed coffee
1 pinch Cinnamon
1 pinch Nutmeg
 
How to:
Place all the ingredients into a blender.
Blend them together.
Pour contents into glasses.
Add a touch of nutmeg on top.
And zest of lemon!
You could add whipped cream if you like!
Serve immediately
 
This is my entry for Aipi's Virtual Party Beverages!  Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Woww thats a stunning pumpking frappe..yumm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow..that looks really nice..I am definitely in the mood for making something pumpkin-y - this just might be the answer!
    Love your presentation!
    You can also send it to my beverage party event :)

    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious drink with the touch of cinnamon and nutmeg on top...lovely

    ReplyDelete