Saturday, July 9, 2011

Caramilzed Banana Crêpes with Nutella Sauce

Finally, the last batch of crêpes are out of the freezer! I am so glad I made more of these svelte pancakes and froze them. They came in so handy whenever I was in need of a quick dessert. The saying : necessity is the mother of invention is so true! I needed a quick fix dessert and I had crêpes in the freezer, bananas in my fruit basket, Nutella, icing sugar in the pantry and Reddywhip, caramel sauce in the fridge! Perfect ingredients to make caramel banana Nutella crêpes! And needless to say, what's better than to use up the ingredients on hand to make room for new, fresh ingredients?


Actually these crêpes are the first crêpes we were introduced to in 2002. We were on our first cruise to Mexican Riviera and hubby woke me up in the middle of the night with the beautiful platter of this crêpe! He already had his on the top deck restaurant and thought I would definitely love it so he brought me a plate. At first, I was so reluctant to have the crêpe as it was new to me and I didn't want to get up and brush my teeth again at 1 AM in the morning! Still he insisted that I should give it a try, which I am so glad I did. That was one divine dessert I had! I only made one change in this recipe. Instead of using chocolate sauce, I used Nutella. Even better!

Caramel Banana Crêpes with Nutella Sauce

Ingredients

For crêpes, refer to my Strawberry crêpes recipe

For filling

2 ripe bananas, sliced

1/2 cup packed brown sugar

2 tbsp butter

Nutella as required

How to:

Melt butter in a skillet. Add bananas and brown sugar and cook on medium heat till bananas are caramelized and softened. Fill the crêpes with this mixture and keep warm..

Melt Nutella in the microwave and drizzle over the top of the crêpes. Garnish with sliced strawberries, whipped cream or just go crazy with whatever you have on hand!

1 comment:

  1. An awesome dessert... delicious combo of flavours.. loved it:)
    Reva

    ReplyDelete