Friday, April 27, 2012

Butter Cup Squash Salad

 S
I love squash in general. Any kind of squash. I remember growing up, mom used to make this curry with pumpkin, sweet and spicy curry that I loved. As I am writing this, my mouth is watering just by a mere mention of this curry. I have tried to make it but seriously, it never turned out like mom’s! I have to keep on working at it. Will get to it eventually.



I found this great buttercup squash at the supermarket and I picked up without thinking of what I would make out of it. I knew I would be roasting it for sure. I had it in the past, roasted with the drizzle of honey, olive oil and sprinkle of pine nuts. This time also, I started roasting the squash and once done, I decided to use it with feta cheese, hence a salad. There is no recipe. Slice and roast the buttercup squash in hot oven till it’s fork tender. Arrange the slices on a platter, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Throw some feta cheese and parsley on top. Squeeze lemon juice all over and enjoy.

4 comments: