Friday, April 25, 2014

Jalapeno Jam!


 
Last September, my co worker gave me a bagful of jalapeno peppers. She and family went pepper picking! I was like, really, pepper picking?! She said they wanted to do something different this time and ended up with bushel of jalapeno peppers and didn’t know what to do with them. So she asked me if I would like to get some and I didn’t say no. I know I could make the poppers or at least pickle the peppers. And then I realized I had 2 big bottles full of pickled jalapeno! So that idea was cancelled. Then I thought about making jam. I wasn’t sure how hot it would turn out to be but to my sheer luck, the peppers were farm fresh so very tender and kind of mild. They still had a bite but not too too hot.
 
Here’s how I made it.
 
Jalapeno Jam
Ingredients
12 tender small sized Jalapeno peppers
1 cup sugar free apple juice
1 cup white vinegar
1 small granny smith apple, cored and cubed
½ cup sugar
 
How to:
Place everything except sugar in a blender and puree
Place in a sauce pot and cook on medium high heat until you get the jam like consistency.
Store in a bottle and refrigerate it for about 2 months.
I like to eat this jam on crackers with cream cheese spread
Enjoy!

 
this is soo good
 

 

2 comments:

  1. thats something new and my kind of thing, spicy, you should send me this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous n unique one,never tasted this before..lovely color!!

    ReplyDelete