Saturday, September 13, 2014

Mixed Veggie Red Curry with Tofu and Chicken







Well, this is what I call everything but the kitchen sink dish! Literally, when you have a little bit of the vegetables, chicken and tofu(sometimes) remaining in the fridge, that you can’t use them to prepare a single dish out of, what a girl to do? Well, a girl, especially me, would throw everything in one pot and make another dish out of it. That’s exactly what happened with me and this dish was born. I am not going to say this is Thai recipe just because I used red Thai curry paste in it. I HAD to use it up as well so I just dumped in the pot. And again, the end product was simply awesome. We all enjoyed it so much with fragrant Jasmine rice.

Here’s how I made it.


Mixed Vegetable Red Curry with Tofu and Chicken
 
Ingredients
½ cup boneless chicken cubed
½ cup tofu pieces
Vegetables of your choice, I used broccoli, red pepper, green pepper, carrot and celery
2-3 tbsp red Thai curry paste
4-5 small pieces of dry red chilies
¼ cup oil
1 small onion, diced
3-4 cloves garlic, chopped

How to:
Heat the oil in a wok.
Add onion and garlic and saute till fragrant, for about 3 minutes
Now add red curry paste and dry red chilies and saute till oil floats on the top.
Add chicken and cook till almost done. paste should coat the chicken pieces.
Now add all the veggies alongwith tofu and about ½ cup of water and cover.
Let it cook for about 3 minutes or until veggies are crisp tender.
Immediately remove from heat.
Garnish with cashews, cilantro etc.
Enjoy!

 

1 comment:

  1. drooling here,wish I could grab the bowl off the screen...too tempting,Lizy :)

    ReplyDelete