Saturday, September 6, 2014

Teriyaki Glazed Chicken



This was my first attempt to make Teriyaki sauce and glaze from scratch. Until now, I have been using bottled teriyaki sauce and for some reason I never really liked it. I saw this recipe on a TV cooking show and very next day gave it a try. And it really didn’t disappoint. It came out perfect, slightly sweeter for my taste so next time I have to reduce the amount of sugar. That’s abut it. I don’t think I would change anything in this recipe at all. The chicken came out very juicy and moist and we all enjoyed it with Jasmine rice and glazed mixed vegetables.
Here’s how I made it.
Teriyaki Glazed Chicken
Ingredients
½ cup soy sauce
¼ cup water
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp granulated sugar
About 2 tsp each minced ginger and garlic
Glaze:
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tbsp water 
How to:
For sauce:
Mix all the ingredietns in a sauce pot on medium heat and cook until the sugar is dissloved.
At this point, you can use the sauce as a marinade for chicken, beef, tofu or any other protein or as a dipping sauce.
Glaze:
Mix cornstarch with water and add to the boiling sauce. Simmer till thickened.
I used this glaze to marinate my chicken, grilled the chicken and then serve with sprinkles of toasted sesame seeds. Used the same glaze to marinate and roast the vegetables.



2 comments: