Monday, March 15, 2010

Hail Caesar!


Everybody loves Caesar salad. In my family, we love it all dressed! With loads of croutons, shavings of parmesan cheese, grilled chicken and a mount of bacon! Sounds very unhealthy, isn't it?! It sure is unhealthy but sometimes we need to indulge ourselves a bit and when this salad is consumed as a main dish, no more complaints!

The only "healthy" choice was the low fat dressing that I made. I have used bottled low fat dressings in the past and believe me, they are not worth spending money on.

The dressing I made had a cup of mayonnaise, juice of 1/2 lemon, salt, pepper, a tsp garlic powder and a pinch of Italian seasoning. When I make this dressing, I omit anchovies! I don't mind it in the store bought dressings. But I don't want to use it in my homemade dressing! Why? Because it is MY dressing and I can do whatever I want to!

A few cupfuls of chopped romaine, garlicky croutons, strips of crispy bacon and shavings of Parmigianino cheese! All makes this salad worthy of the Romaine empire!