Sunday, July 11, 2010

Chocó Banana Chip Muffins


Last weekend was a blessing! July 1st was Canada day and we took a day off Friday, making it an extra long weekend. It was much needed. We had so much fun as we did lots of stuff. Lots of outing, working around the house, getting things done that were waiting to be done for a while now. And of course, food! I barbequed 3 out of 4 days. I simply love bbquing. It is faster to cook and no smell of the cooked food in the house at all! That's the part hubby loves! He has such sensitive smelling. Anyways, Sunday morning I wanted to make muffins. As I was 'clutter freeing' my bedroom the day before, I found an old milk calendar! I was flipping the pages and came across this recipe. I had everything on hand so I thought why not make muffins for breakfast. The recipe called for a cup each of all purpose flour and whole wheat flour. I used 1.5 cups of oat flour(I simply ground up the bag of quick cooking oats I had!) and 1/2 cup of all purpose flour. I knew I was doing good to my family's health. At 300 calories and 12% of Iron a piece, anyone can afford to have this guilt free muffin.

Chocó Banana Chip Muffins
Ingredients
1.5 cups oat flour
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp each salt and baking soda
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup oil
2 large bananas, mashed
1 egg
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate morsels

How to:
Heat the oven to 375°F. Mix all the dry ingredients in one large bowl. Mix all the wet ingredients (upto egg) in another bowl. Stir in wet ingredients into the dry ones. Now add chocolate chips and fold in gently. Divide into 6 large or 8 medium muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes or until the tooth pick inserted comes out clean. Enjoy the warm muffing with lots of olive oil margarine!




2 comments: