Thursday, July 8, 2010

Phở


Phở - A Vietnamese soup. I had this a few days ago at a co-worker's house and since then, I was itching to make it at home!  So simple, so delicious, so healthy.  Served piping hot in cold winter months or at room temperature on a hot evening, nothing beats it.  I had chicken bones to use up, so I made chicken stock with them.  I just boiled the bones in a slow cooker with lots of carrots, onions, celery, bay leaf and a few whole pepper corns.  Let it cook in the slow cooker for a few hours, and you've got yourself a nice homemade chicken stock that can be used for soup or to make rice and rich, flavorful curries.

This soup calls for lots of fresh herbs too.  And I love it.  I love the flavor of Vietnamese Basil a lot.  So get ready to prepare Phở and enjoy the pure comfort!


Phở
Ingredients
2 litres chicken stock
Handfuls of fresh Cilantro, green onions, Vietnamese Basil
Sliced rotisserie chicken
salt and pepper to taste
50 gms rice noodles, uncooked

For garnish: lime wedges and bean sprouts, soy sauce, hot sauce

How to:

Boil chicken stock on high heat. Add rice noodles and cook till the noodles are tender. Now add fresh herbs and chicken slices and enjoy!

1 comment: