Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Delicious Coconut Macaroons!

I am a sucker for these petit cookies!  Ever since I was  a little girl, I've been in love with these cookies.  They are perfect any time. I have to try to not make them often as I keep on popping them in my mouth every time I open my pantry and see these yummy bites!  After having tried a few recipes, I finally have managed to get the recipe for these macaroons that gives me the similar taste of the cookies I used to have in Ahmedabad.  Can't believe this is such an easy and fail-proof recipe to make my favourite cookies.

Coconut Macaroons

Ingredients:
2 - 8oz. packages coconut
1 - 15 oz. can condensed milk
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda

How to:
Preheat oven to 350 °F.
Mix all ingredients together.
Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet or cookie sheet covered with baking parchment.
Bake 10-12 minutes.
Cool slightly, remove from the sheet.
Store in air-tight container.

Better yet, pop one or two in your mouth first! Now, stop and put the container back in the pantry!

3 comments: